10 minute Chalkboard Makeover ... {Free Range Mumma gets Crafty}

 
 
 
a few weeks ago I posted our "SUMER BUCKET LIST 2013" which featured an amazing chalkboard from {Little Miss Momma} ...
 
I searched online for weeks trying to find a chalkboard like that one, but couldn't find anything for under $80.00 :( ... So you can imagine my surprise when I walked into out local Thorpies only to find my dream size chalkboard .... I actually squealed with excitement when I found it !
 
It was perfect size ... all it needed was a quick make over so it looked RUSTIC and not cheap .... ( Shhh, no one will ever know )
 
 
THE WHAT
 
10 minute dollar store chalkboard make over
 
xxx
 
$7:00 large chalkboard from Thorpies ( cheap/dollar store)
 
Blue, white and yellow acrylic paint, mixed to make this teal blue.
 
1 rough paint brush.
 
1 flat 30 cm  ruler  ( so you don't have to worry about taping )
 
( No before pictures, I was too excited .. but basically it was just a light cream wood)
 
THE HOW
 
Hold the ruler on the inside edge of the frame, flush with the wooden boarder,
 
Run your paintbrush, up and down the frame in a rough, quick, haphazzard motion,
 
Try to spread the paint, but do it light handed so you  leave random strokes of the wooden peeking through. 
 
Move the ruler to the next section and repeat
 
Don't be temped to "touch up", or  try an even the colour out .. its meant to look rough, worn and antique !
 
RUSTIC ...
 
Let it  dry , 
 
 Hang in dining room ... wait for hubby to ask how much I spent on the "antique Chalkboard " ???
 
Smile proudly and explain your grand deception :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Paint on my hands ... I don't know why but this makes me extremely happy :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
my "Jar of Chalk"  x
 
 The "antique" chalkboard .. hehehe
 
 
xxx Free Range Mumma xxx
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts