No Cook, Playdough Recipe .... Super Easy !

 
 
 
 
The sight, smell and taste ( yep I ate it as a kid)  of playdough brings back memories of my childhood.
 
So many fond memories..... but somewhere in all those memories I couldn't actually ever remember watching how mum made the playdough ?
 
 
 
 
so I hopped on google .....
 
And after about 4 recipes I was beginning to think ... this is just way to hard !
 
First of all, I don't really feel like spending half an hour cooking something when Erik will probably only play with it for 5 minutes, and second of all I don't have cream of tartar, or gelatine or any of those other thing in my cupboard .....
and I don't have any make up on , so going to the shops to get some is not an option today !
 
So I googled, NO COOK playdough .... TA DA !
 
This recipe from kidspot.com was easy  and safe enough for the Erik to help with (once he is a bit older) !
 
It's rustic playdough, it's not the picture perfect brought from a shop playdough  but it gets the job done.
 
Quick, easy and fun ... yes please !
 
Ingredients
 
2 cups plain flour
1 cup salt
1/2 - 1 cup of water
a few drops of food colouring
 
Directions
 
Mix flour and salt together in a mixing bowl
 
Add food colouring ( as you can see by the pictures I didn't add enough, so I passed it off as "marble effect" shhh ! )
 
Gradually add water, little by little, mixing until you get the desired consistency ( you may not need the entire cup of water )
 
Knead, knead, knead ! 
 
TA-DA ... Playdough !
 
 
***
 
hand to toddler
 
grab coffee and book .... relax for five minutes until
 
toddler is bored and wants to go out side to ride his bike
 
*sigh*
 
put down book and take toddler outside
 
 
***
 
If your after a slightly more ambitions version of playdough, might I suggest THIS One from The Imagination Tree , it looks great and I hope to try it one day soon ... when I have make up on and can go to the shops !
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


xxx Free Range Mumma xxx

Comments

Popular Posts