Turning 22 ...

 
 
I know I've been a bit MIA over the last week .... my sincerest apologies ... but it has been birthday week :) ... and I've been sick :( so when I'm not eating cake and spending time with family, I have been curled up in a ball wanting to die ... or Ive been  looking after my equally sick little munchkin ...

the life of a mum ... no sick days , no breaks , no rest to recover

and when i did manage to eventually get erik to have a nap ( when I would normally blog)..... this time... resting won instead , hot showers, sleep , lemsip !  
 
but it was still a wonderful birthday week ... even if  I was doped up on cold and flu drugs and running after a snotty grumpy toddler :)



birthday week included,
 Sunday lunch with close family and friends at the roaring 40s cafe angaston .. yumm !
red velvet cupcakes ( From my mummy x )  at the park in the pouring rain blowing bubbles .
Erik's swimming lessons, showing off my hunter gumboots
lunch at the company kitchen angaston
gardening
gumboot selfies
cheesecake
pizza
lots of cuddles        
 
and no dishes ... that my one rule for birthdays ... " I don't do dishes "
( hence eating out and ordering pizza hehe )
 
and I got totally spoilt from my amazing family, gumboots, cook books and new coat, shoes scarfs, perfume etc .... and a dyson ..  yep a dyson ... I own a dyson ( this is a big deal for me )   ... more on this later !!!

birthday week happy snaps 
( excuse the poor quality, when I went MIA so did my camera,  :s    )
 

 




 

 


  
 
yep ... its called birthday week for a reason , somehow birthdays in our family seem to always stretch out a few days ... no one really complains , the extra cake usually does the trick :p
 
x
  
turning 22 .... was not quite as horrible as I thought ...... it was easier than turning 21 , no pressure no expectations or stereotypes ... but 22 still doesn't really feel right ....
 
because any one who knows me knows I am defiantly not 22 .... not even 23, 24,25 ... I'm probably closer to 30 .... my birth certificate might say I'm 22 , but that's the only thing that does  !
 
everything else screams 30 .... get pissed of of half a glass of wine, cant stay up past 9;30 , never sleep in past 8, cant stand half of todays music , just the thought of going out to the city clubbing is exhausting ... and I got gumboots for my birthday along with seeds for my garden and cook books ... yep I'm an old lady ...  I love it !

I am so happy being an old soul in a spring chicken ... true contentment
 
because Ive always felt older than I was meant to be ... in kindy I wanted to be in school, in primary school I wanted to be a teenager, in highschool I wanted to be at uni ... and once I left school I wanted to be a wife and mum ... and now I am a wife and mum , I wouldn't rush another second ! 
 
I love exactly where I am right now  and what I have achieved by 22, I might have done it quicker than most people ,
 
 but I don't feel I've missed out on anything ....
 
 
 Ive just found my happiness sooner than most
 
 :)
 
 
xxx Free Range Mumma xxx
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts