Memories that will last a lifetime .....
When my kids grown up , and have kids of their own hopefully they will remember more than I phones, face book and PlayStation.... I hope they will have really amazing memories of their childhood ,
a childhood spend, dirty, outdoors and happy
and that's why I believe so strongly in free range parenting , so that in 20 years my son will look back and appreciate the simple childhood he had.
... full of memories experiences and opportunities ....
not things !
memories, I hope to give him by experiencing these things .....
- picking organic fruit from a traditional orchard
- then going home and making pies and tarts with the fruit
- visit wildlife parks, farms , zoos etc ... to see animals in real life not just on TV
- raise chickens and spend mornings collecting eggs
- go camping ... lots
- bonfires, marshmallow's and hot chocolate on freezing winter nights
- pancakes on a Sunday morning, with strawberries, cream and traditional Canadian maple syrup ... OK now I'm drooling !
- spending hours in the sandpit, digging to china and building castles
- waiting for it to rain so we can jump in muddy puddles
- summers spend swimming at the beach , Vac Swim lessons every morning
- picnics ... lots of picnics , rain hail or shine !
- Sunday roasts with the works, Yorkshire puddings and all
- spending summer afternoons playing under the sprinkler in the back yard
- epic water balloon fights, boys vs girls, kids vs adults, etc
- bubble baths
- bed time stories
- rolling down grassy hills
- dancing like a superstar
- play doh ....
- eating fresh home made bread straight from the oven
- experiencing the snow... first snow man , first snow ball fight
- home made traditional lemonade
- swimming in natural springs, waterfalls and creeks whilst travelling
- museums art galleries and exhibit
- surprise treasure hunts
- amazing themed birthday party's ... your only a kid once
- black and white movie night ( cow boys and Indians ) with pop corn and pizza
- dress ups .... lots of dress ups
- spending time with grandparents
- always being out doors
- going to the beach in winter
- swimming in the rain
- leaving cookies and milk out for Santa on Christmas eve and some carrots for the reindeer
- go go-karting
- learn to ride a motorbike
- learn to shoot
- have an amazing cubby house/ fort where imaginations can run wild
- learn to bake and cook ... licking the bowl and spoon clean
and the most important memory I want them to have
... is that they are loved , every single day !
we love you so much !
xxx Free Range Mumma xxx